- Uncover the real value you’ve already created
- Put your mountain of natural resources to work for you
- Link what you’ve done in the past & are doing today with your wider goals
- Show the world how you make sense
Think about that.
YOU MAKE SENSE.
Your life has led you here, and you can get to where you want to go next by using what you’ve already got.
At GlobalNiche.net, we believe you’ve already got most of what you need to do what you want right now.
Why do we believe this?
Because we’re living, breathing examples of how people like us can bloom right where we are, using what we have.
We have over 25 years combined experience as expats … more than two decades of figuring out how to make our personal and professional lives work in situations that aren’t quite right. Stranded on a snake-infested island? Fall off the map in a tiny Turkish village? Yep, when it looked like there were no good options available, we found a way to create our own.
How did we do this?
By building a global niche web platform with interlocking pieces of web technology, and the most compelling pieces of ourselves.
You can do it too…
When you lay your resources and your dreams out in front of you, you see what you have to work with, and then you put it back together in a meaningful, high-impact way that draws like-minded people to you and helps you fulfill your goals.
That’s exactly what the SUM-it UP program shows you how to do.
HERE’S WHAT WE MEAN … Each of us is sitting on top of a mountain of our own potential. The personal and professional stuff we’ve created, our relationships, who we are in the world, what we care about and every little thing we’ve done to pursue our interests.
If you haven’t noticed, we’re in a golden age for content creators with the rise of the social web, the personality brand platform and the creative entrepreneur movement. NOW is a perfect time to do something you’ve always dreamed of by using all this gold you’ve created.
You can publish it. You can record it. You can remix it, repackage it, reformat it. You can break it down or sum it up. You can scatter it behind you like a trail of breadcrumbs leading people on a path right to your door. You can let it loose on the world in a multitude of ways. And you can get it working for you like never before.
The SUM-it UP program will work with you to:
- articulate the vision for where see yourself going and define the goals you’ll set to get there
- help you understand what a global niche web platform is, identify what yours looks like and show you how it can propel you higher
- acknowledge all that you’ve created and use it to gain insight into who you are and who you want to be
- envision what new content you’ll want to create and how to repurpose older content
- come up with different ways to package your content and use your web platform as a launching pad for sharing it
- design and implement a do-able plan to get your creations into global circulation in alignment with your larger goals
That’s your global niche in action.
And the best part? This global niche web platform is flexible. Something you can continue to build on. A platform that can shift and move with you, as you refine your direction, grow into your true identity, evolve your way forward, take advantage of fresh opportunities that you will begin attracting to you. The platform you’ll build with the SUM-it UP program will fit you like a second skin and act as a mirror, reflecting yourself back to you.
Ask yourself this:
How well is your experience, expertise and existing material working to support you right now?
We think it can work even better.
There’s no right way, and there’s no wrong way. Everyone’s path is different. That’s the beauty of a global niche, it’s your unique place in the world; the place where you alone belong. And you get to create it.
- always-on course delivered at Udemy.com
- on-demand, dynamic GlobalNiche channel for personal & pro development
- repeatable, 6-module system for holistically building your web presence
- 80+ digital lectures, presentations, and live-recorded coaching videos
- 30 pages of digital workbook instruction in downloadable, live-linked PDF
- more than 4 hours of video coaching from our team of instructors
- 10 Tools for your GlobalNiche web platform 45-minute tutorial video
- interaction with instructors, ask questions right inside course
- ability to see who else is in class, and connect with them around the web
- option of 24/7 support through membership in dedicated SUM-it UP Facebook group
- exclusive invitations to our monthly live web chats on Linqto
- access curriculum anywhere with Udemy's free iPad app
- see course materials at a glance, see what's ahead, bookmark where you left off
“An evolutionary, global, instinctive program. I learned I have the tools to put all my talents under one roof and see the path I am on is tangible. The SUM-it UP course not only helped me better define my niche but also highlighted how I could move forward by bringing my particular global experiences to enhance my work and art.”
~ Silvana Vukadin-Hoitt, food activist and cultural travel designer at SilvanaMondo
In SUM-it UP you will gain…
- Work that is aligned with your vision for how you want to live your life and the goals you have set out to achieve.
- A clear understanding of what a web platform is, and how it supports you. Know exactly which elements you have in place, and what’s missing. Create the channels for the right people and opportunities to find you whether you’re looking for a job or building a business.
- A grasp of what constitutes content, an impression of the depth and breadth of all you’ve created, and a system to organize and access it.
- A map of how your content can be used in tandem with your web platform, including ways to package it so it can be used to meet your goals and realize your vision.
- A plan to add the right elements to your platform and how they will work together for increased impact with less effort. A plan how to use or repurpose your content, and an appreciation for what new content you will want to create (and what you don’t need to create!). A detailed view of your big picture.
- Action on small, do-able, nuts-and-bolts steps. Ability to see the road ahead as more small, do-able steps.
“A great introduction to the nuts and bolts of how to build your platform and think about packaging your product. I was able to identify how to use the materials I have already developed as building blocks for future projects. I also identified new ways to use social media, what platforms work for me (and which do not), and how to use those platforms to my advantage. Practical, confidence-building.”
~ Kelly Hevel, creativity coach at The Creative Urge, cofounder of Playing Around Workshops
SUM-it UP program modules
- YOUR VISION & GOALS Describe the vision for your ideal life and commit to a specific goal to make it happen.
- YOUR PLATFORM Evaluate your current platform to see what’s in place, what’s working, what needs improvement.
- YOUR CONTENT Inventory all the content you’ve created so you can see the mountain you’re sitting on (and how valuable it is).
- INTEGRATION Brainstorm a number of ways to package your creative content and use your platform to promote it.
- ACTION PLAN Draw up the steps you’re going to take to reach your goal and realize your vision.
- IMPLEMENTATION Get into action.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM the SUM-it UP program
- Brief, impactful assignments that will get you *doing* the work, rather than spending your time reading how.
- Repeatable steps so you can keep running through the 6-module sequence, and keep building.
- Practical tips, personal and professional examples, and inspiration from our team of instructors, and participants in earlier GlobalNiche programs.
- A new grasp of what constitutes content, a new perspective on yourself as a content creator, and a variety of ways to capture all that you’ve generated.
- A new understanding of how to represent and market yourself and your goals through the use of your content.
- A clearer picture of who your right people are, and where you’ll find them on the web, and how they’ll find you.
- Explanation of best social media and content management and strategy tools, formats, methods to try. We’ll tell you exactly what you need to know, including best practices and ways to evaluate the effectiveness for your purposes of blogging frameworks like WordPress and Thesis, blogging services like Twitter and Tumblr, social networks like Facebook and LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram, uses of video and slideshow making and presentation sites like Animoto, YouTube, Vimeo, Slideshare, email service providers, affiliate networks and e-commerce sites, how to use Google+ and Quora, ScoopIt and Storify, what the point of a web comment clearing house like Disqus is, and why an interactive calling card site like About.me should be your first home on the web.
Build a global web platform to put your best self online. Create meaning from all that makes you who you are, and communicate your most important evolutions as you grow and develop.
“Do-able, and constructive. A safe environment to explore new options for creative challenges like juggling all our life roles. I especially liked getting organized, making a timeline, and analyzing all elements of my life to make it work. Now I have a platform and feel more confident about keeping my social media presence up to date.”
~ Katie Belliel Onan, Today’s Zaman newspaper columnist and breast feeding advocate
Create a home for yourself in the unlimited world of the social web. When you expand your reach globally, you begin to live in a wider world and you have more opportunities.
“Wow! Just getting a chance to look at the SUM-it UP Digital Workbook – AMAZING! Really great content and lovely design. Looking forward to diving in.”
~ Pamela Day, entrepreneur solving for empathy and connection
“By taking this challenging educational program I wanted to align my business plan toward my aspirations. I was especially drawn to its community of mutually inspired entrepreneurs and its global focus, which helps pull your head up out of the mundane.”
~ Lorrie Schoettler, organic farmer and small business consultant at Swallowtail Consulting
Navigate change in your life by participating under your own power. Let your platform propel you. Stock your platform with your best creations.
“Eye-opening and practical. SUM-it UP helped me organize my multifarious pursuits in a way that got me out of a rut. Bite-sized, manageable, motivating, and customized: four words that describe my experience with SUM-it UP best.”
~ Rose Deniz, artist, curator and young adult fiction writer
Polish your work in public. It’s how you’ll draw interested parties, benefit from your network, demonstrate what you’re up to.
Consider your web platform your real-time resume. Show recruiters your best work. Build a competitive career advantage by combining all your assets.
Membership in our exclusive GlobalNiche Facebook group
When you enter SUM-it UP at Udemy and get into action building your global niche web platform, you’ll have the option to join our private membership group at Facebook. Members of our private GlobalNiche Facebook group will be able to ask questions whenever they arise, reach out for help, share your progress. You’ll get inspiration, motivation, links to new tools we come across, ideas to keep you moving forward and in contact with other GlobalNiche members – people who you can relate to.
We look forward to having you register for SUM-it UP and get your content working for you right away. When it comes to realizing the vision you have for your life, the sooner you get started, the closer you’ll be to achieving it.
If you have any questions see this list of FAQs or contact us here.
~ Anastasia & Tara